Saturday, October 26, 2013

New steering wheel leather cover in February 2011

With 187 000 km on the clock (122 000 miles) the steering wheel leather cover started to show its age pretty badly.
The deterioration was so rapid that even a slight touch caused small particles of leather to stick to my hands. It was even worse when my hands got sweaty. Putting an universal leather cover over the old one was a quick fix but not the ultimate solution.
I contacted a car upholstery service in February 2011 during the winter driving pause with a request to make a new custom leather cover which would look as close as possible to the old one.
I was very pleased with the result, though it wasn't a top notch quality work but nonetheless a good one. I paid 75€ for it. Check it out.
Worn steering wheel leather cover:

A photo from the previous owner.



New steering wheel leather cover:



It was a definite step up in terms of grip feel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment