Thursday, October 1, 2015

Retractable licence plate assembly October 2015

I never liked the licence plate disturbing clean look of the front end.

Since I bought a 3D printer in February 2015 for my other projects I thought I could use it also to build some stuff for my Integra. And because I couldn't decide whether to keep or loose the front licence plate I decided to create some sort of retractable assembly to solve the problem. 
I can get rid of the front plate and get it back with just a single flip of the switch in about 2 seconds. The only reason why do this is the cops. I don't want to be bothered with cops about not having a licence plate on my car.
Designing and manufacturing took about 1 month. The only penalty of the retractable assembly is the added weight, about 0.9kg. Well I can live with that :).





Photogalerry


No comments:

Post a Comment