Thursday, October 30, 2014

JDM rear strut bar upgrade October 2014

The brackets from Tegiwa for the OEM rear brace that I bought for the project two years ago had kinda low rigidity. Therefore I decided to build my own brackets.
The design is straightforward. I simply used a thicker sheet metal, about 4 mm thick and designed the brackets in similar way as the front OEM brackets. Actually I used the front OEM brackets as well. They came with the second brace bar which I got from Ebay. I cut the metal pieces that hold the aluminum bar and reused them for my brackets.
The only issue with this design is that I had to cut some small openings in the side quarter plastics.
But overall it's a lot stiffer and still rocking the OEM clean look.

2 comments:

  1. Does it make the car oversteer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's not much difference, changing the suspension geometry has far more noticeable impact on handling

      Delete